Artelo Biosciences is a clinical stage company using cutting-edge science to improve patient care on the promise of lipid-signaling modification, including targeting the receptors of the endocannabinoid system. Our mission is to alter the course of treatment for those with a diagnosis of cancer and other serious conditions.
If you’re interested in working at Artelo, please review the current openings below and send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently Available Positions
Senior Vice Principle of Medical
Reporting to Chief Executive Officer Greg Gorgas, the Senior Vice President (SVP) of Medical is responsible for overseeing the company’s clinical development plans to bring products to market in compliance with global regulatory, legislative and medical/health requirements. The position has functional responsibility for all clinical development activities which may be from human proof of concept through Phase 4 programs including on-market products. The SVP of Medical will be responsible for developing strategic plans for the company’s product portfolio to ensure development programs meet quality and safety standards required by medical and regulatory agencies. The SVP of Medical has responsibility for clinical development, including overseeing the pharmacovigilance function. The SVP of Medical oversees the portfolio management activities for the company to ensure appropriate objectives and resources are deployed to meet strategic portfolio plans delivering on key milestones to advance all of the company’s products in development. The SVP of Medical is responsible for representing the company with regulatory and legislative agencies, globally addressing the medical aspects of the company’s product portfolio. The SVP of Medical will provide strategic input to the annual and long-range budgetary process.
Have at least 10 years of clinical experience, 4 years of pharmaceutical experience, 2 years of people management experience, 1 year of project management experience, 1 year of budget management experience
- Broad scientific, technical and regulatory understanding of most of the functions involved in the development of a pharmaceutical product.
- Effective management, interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and problem solving skills
- Abilities include: 1) drive for results, 2) priority setting, 3) planning, 4) managerial skills, 5) integrity, 6) creativity, and 7) team building.
Education and Experience
- Medical degree required.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Ensure appropriate objectives and resources are deployed to meet strategic portfolio plans delivering on key milestones to advance all of the company’s products in clinical development
- Assure that strategic plans for the company’s product portfolio are developed to ensure clinical programs meet quality and safety standards required by patients, health care providers, and regulatory agencies
- Build and maintaining key opinion leader relationships consistent with commercial and development objectives
- Ensure drug safety and surveillance activities are consistent with established regulations and internal SOPs to meet or exceed safety objectives
- Provide expert opinion and due diligence research on business development opportunities
Required Skill Sets:
- The ability to jointly create and articulate an inspiring vision for the company and for clinical development.
- An entrepreneurial and creative approach to developing innovative clinical and operational ideas.
Executing for Results
- The ability to set clear and challenging goals for the company and clinical development activities; accountable in driving for results.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty; able to adapt and lead others through complex situations.
- Viewed by others as having a high degree of integrity and rigor in making decisions.
- Self-starter; capable of digging into the details while not losing sight of the bigger picture.
- The ability to attract and recruit top talent, motivate the team, delegate effectively and manage performance.
- Inspires colleagues to persevere in the face of challenges, and exhibits resolve and commitment to high standards.
- Leads by example and drives continuous performance improvement.
Relationships and Influence
- Builds strong relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders.
- Able to communicate clearly and persuasively. Well-developed presentation and communication skills; effective at board level, as well as with advisers, CROs, and colleagues.
- Encourages others to share the spotlight and visibly celebrates and supports the success of the team.
The compensation package will be designed to include a competitive salary and benefits package, including an annual cash bonus/equity plan.